Academic and Clinical Research – The Breath of Life Foundation has partnered with Providence Hospital of the St. John Providence Health System, which offers a state-of-the-art clinical research facility. Dr. Michael R. Harbut, a world-renowned researcher and physician with several decades of experience treating asbestos exposed patients, maintains an office in this facility while serving as a medical advisor to the Breath of Life Foundation. Dr. Harbut’s work in the field of mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases has been well recognized – see links below to peer-reviewed publications.
- Intractable Pleural Pain and Probable Pathology
- Fibulin-3 Biomarker for Mesothelioma
- SMRP Elevation in Meso Serum and Pleural Effusions
- Asbestos Exposure, Pleural Mesothelioma, and Serum Osteopontin Levels
- Diagnosis and Management of Nonmalignant Diseases Related to Asbestos (American Thoracic Society 2004)
- Diagnosis and Management Statement Updates (American Thoracic Society 2007)